Sunday, August 9, 2009

Why is religion bad business?

Here%26#039;s an economic reason why I think religion is a bad idea:



Of course I%26#039;m assuming religion as superfluous, which of course isn%26#039;t completely true.



1. Full-time clergy don%26#039;t help the economy in any way, because they don%26#039;t work. They just spend the money that is given to them and make a living off of that. In my books, they must as well count as the unemployed.



2. Theists donate money to the church, now I know some of it goes to charity but the other half goes to upkeep, contruction of churches and the paying full-time clergy. It%26#039;s much better to just donate directly to a charity.



3. The money people donate takes away from people%26#039;s disposable income. The more disposable income you have the more money you save. The more savings people have the the more money is invested into the bank or businesses. This leads us closer to the Golden Rule savings rate (ie. the consumption per efficiency unit of labour is maximized when we reach the Golden Rule savings rate)



Why is religion bad business?interest only loan





The Clergy in my religion are NOT PAID.. they support themselves by WORKING!...



EVERYTHING we have comes from God.. our talents, abilities, skills, .. everything.. and we are to pay 1/10 of our increase as Tithe to show gratitude and to acknowledge where these things come from...



I make more money now than before I started paying Tithing.



Why is religion bad business?

loan



Very interesting and informative thank you but I would disagree with the notion that religion helps people. I think religion delays the progress of mankind.|||Religion is the greatest hustle in the history of mankind.

No comments:

Post a Comment