Sunday, August 9, 2009

How safe are online saving accounts?

I was thinking of opening an online saving account with IceSave as the interest rate is 6.30 %. How safe is your money here as this bank and ICICI are not signed up to the banking code of practice here in the UK?



What about your money going missing or identity being stolen.



I have the full Macafee suite on the PC to stop spyware and all that but what happens if the money walks, do you get it back?



How safe are online saving accounts?student finance





I cannot speak to the banking in the UK, but here in the US the banking regulations fall under the FDIC. I would not trust a financial institution which is not FDIC insured, at least for basic savings. I would probably take a slightly lower rate and go with an institution you know and trust.



How safe are online saving accounts? loan



check to see the bank is insured and up to what deposit level. Also, make sure that the web site is secure (starts with httpS://), and has a lock icon displayed when you log on. I bank on line in USA and have never lost a penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment